Philosophy and Mission
Rachelle’s philosophy is one of a holistic view of the bodily system.
Our body is intricately connected as a whole and sometimes, somewhere along the line we can lose the ability to really tune into our own bodily needs, which can be related to lifestyle, mindset or other factors.
She has completed a vast selection of education about the female body with extensive knowledge in the hormonal system and how holistically this can either help or hinder our overall wellbeing. Rachelle has a keen interest in the midlife woman and beyond believing these years to be our best years if balanced well.
She is a Core – Pelvic Floor Safe and Rehabilitation movement coach helping women to integrate back into exercise/movement in a way that suits them and their body.
Rachelle also holds a Certificate In Personal Training as well as group exercise and is a certified older adults trainer.
Mental Health awareness is also a key component of Rachelle’s coaching and she holds certificates in Mental Health First aid as well as the Accidental counsellor.
She has completed studies in Anatomy & Physiology, chemistry, biochemistry, pathophysiological processes, nutrition and food as medicine and has a great awareness and intuition of the complexities of the human body and how to put the pieces of the puzzle together for your individual life.
MEE Active is an active business within the local community working closely with the Gold Coast City Council Active & Healthy Program delivering exercise classes to the community.
Her mission is to help people truly understand their amazing and unique body and lead the life they wish, well balanced and energised into their later years.
Hi I am Rachelle and owner of MEE ACTIVE & Rachelle Anne Coaching.
I am glad you are here.
So you can get to know me a little better this is some of my history, present and future.
From puberty onwards I always struggled with my weight, yo yo diets, fads plus you name it I tried it. I never loved sport or exercise as a child and had a pretty unusual upbringing. Food was my friend and my enemy. I swirled out of control with disordered eating and body image issues for most of my 20’s to early 40’s.
These days my life is very different. My approach is one of balanced living, joy and movement. When you understand your body well it allows you freedom to do, which builds your self-belief and confidence.
I have an adventurous side and love to explore different ways to move. I love to lift heavy things and resistance train as well as getting on my bike and riding with the wind through my hair. Life and movement are to be enjoyed and to have fun with.
One of my highest values is learning. I love to learn and I am always studying.
At the moment I am furthering my education to understand the relationship between pain and the brain. And I am also learning about biotensegrity and what impact that has on rehabilitation of bodies.
I enjoy teaching over 50’s about their bodies, how to move well and how to engage their brain for longevity and warding off disease.
I also have a passion for the Core (abdominal) system and run a very unique program, which specialises in the core and pelvic floor and educates women on how they can use the core and pelvic floor in everyday life functionally. This program is a one of its kind and was developed by MEE ACTIVE.
I am exceptionally proud of the business and community I have built over the past decade. I have learnt a lot and most importantly met and helped many wonderful people step off the sidelines and lean into life. I can help you too, if you are ready.
For all of our community based over 50’s classes please see our timetable under “work with me”
For all private coaching enquiries please visit www.rachelleanne.com
I look forward to welcoming you to our community soon.
Areas of Expertise:
- Focus on Core & Pelvic Floor – Safe Return to Exercise Specialisation
- Body & Brain in Motion – Balance & movement for cognitive development
- Modern Woman’s Guide to Midlife – Female Health & Performance Coach specialising in Midlife Transition
- Meant To Move (MTM) – Safe & beginner friendly online fitness & movement program
- Active & Healthy Gold Coast City Council – Movement Programs, Presentations & Retreats Provider
- Active & Healthy Gold Coast Alliance Partner – Supporting the Gold Coast to be Active & Healthy
- Older Adult Movement Coach – Active Ageing Provider & Educator
- Body Positive Fitness Alliance Worldwide (BPFA) – Australian Regional Director, Speaker and Educator
- 60 & Me – Content Writer and Educator for Women midlife & beyond.
Some of the further study I have completed:
- Female Health and Performance Specialist Certification
- Core Foundations Pelvic Floor First Workshops
- Proactive Programming for the Pelvic Floor
- Anatomy & Physiology, patho-physiological processes
- Chemistry and Bio-Chemistry
- Mental Health First Aid
- The Accidental Counsellor
- Food as medicine
- Senior First Aid and CPR
- Art greets science in motion
- 3rd Age Woman PERI-TO-POST MENOPAUSE