Technology and constantly being “on”
You and i both know we spend a lot of time on our phones.
Do you often think i would love to break the habit, even just a little bit?
Would you like to break the cycle and create some of your own rules around the use of your phone but not to an absolute extreme?
Because let’s face it, we still want and need to be connected however i pulled back just recently and changed some of my daily rituals which has in turn freed up more of my time and helped me feel less tired, stressed and anxious.
Don’t worry they are not extreme, just gentle and doable.
- If you use your phone as an alarm i suggest you buy yourself a cheap alarm clock to replace the phone and get the phone out of the bedroom.
- If you grab your phone first thing in the morning think about how you can change that. I made a rule of journal for 5min, meditate for 5min, drink coffee THEN reach for the phone for 5min.
- Turn all the unnecessary banners/popups and notifications off.
- Make a rule of checking your phone at certain times a day. Example: between 12-1pm and then between 3-4pm only
- When having dinner, out with friends or similar turn your phone to silent
For me the affects were instant. I felt more freedom, less brain clutter and much less stressed as well as having a lot more time on my hands to get important things done.
Give it a try and let me know what you think.